woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Got the screws in and the grip heaters on, took the first real winter plunge today at Cedar Creek. It was AWESOME!! There is about 2 inches of powder (and there were people snowmobiling!!) and frozen ground beneath - PERFECT for the ol Kold Kutters!! We rode the North loop at speed, WHIPPED that wonderful tight Pine section into total submission and then came back and let half the south trail cool us down (pretty much dark when we got back to the vehicles). The trail it self is in good shape, sleds had ran down some of the single track but there is just not enough snow yet for them to cause "HOLY ":"*&*" ruts yet (for you sadist - that day will come soon enough). I had forgotten how much fun snow riding is but now I remember!! WHAT A RIPPING RIOT!!! I recall last spring thinking how nice it would be to leave those AWESOME tractionized tires on all year (of course they dont work well when dual sporting (like REAL SLIPPERY on asphalt) - could you imagine pulling into "whats his names" for gas during the Rites of Spring with screws in your tires - that pavement and those screws dont mix!!). I was able to ride the WHOLE time today with my summer MX gloves - if you dont have grip heaters - TRY THEM - they are CHEAP and really do the job!!
Anyway, yea - get out and ride!!!
Woodsy

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Andy and I will be there tomorrow about 1:30, still supposed to be sunny and 41 degrees.

It's kind of weird heralding Cedar Creek so much, since it's usually a whooped up sandy mess. (Fatherandson, Badgerman, remember the Sheryl Crow ride? Yuck! The trail, not the rider!) But it's been a great fall ride after they cleaned it all up.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
We rode Cedar Creek today, it was awesome traction! Andy and I met Woodsy's friend Larry out there and did the north loop. 3/4's of the way through Andy smacks a tree and collapses the pipe on his bike....oh well, at least we got the north loop in. AND I remembered my boots this time!

Anyone have a pipe for an '03 CR250??

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hi Mark: Glad to hear you guys made it!! Check E-Bay for that pipe - I have seen bike parts go really reasonable on there lately!! Did you leave any snow for the rest of us?? :)
Woodsy
So does this guy look familiar now? (c pic)

Attachments

• l12ab.jpg
    l12ab.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 151

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Yeah, I recognize him! When we first got there, it didn't register it was Larry. When you said he rode a Husky, I expected a red or yellow bike. I saw his bike, but thought it was a guy with a Yamaha, until he came over and introduced himself.

I'm watching a pipe on Ebay for $20 with a dent in it - I'll get that if I can't find another.

sngltrk

Apr 23, 2002
mweissen,

If you don't want to buy a new pipe, they are fixable. Ralph over at Lake Cycle showed me how to fix them a few years back. I bet Lake Cycle would fix it for a reasonable price. If you want to try it yourself, you really make it any worse it's already broke. Some hose clamps, rubber hose, pipe end cap, and Schrader tire valve stem along with an air compressor and an oxy-acetylene torch. Then smashed pipes are a maintenance item.

Scott

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Thanks! I'm going to have Ralph try to fix this one as well. I found a slightly used one as well for 20 bucks. The way Andy rides sometimes, I'd better have a spare!

Cedar Creek is unlucky for him. Last year it cost us a new front wheel, only 50 feet down the trail of the first ride of the season.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Have him drag a xr100 behind that CR when he rides!! That'll slow him down - well, maybe a little :) May be riding Friday - things went well at the Dr. today!! Might not be a long ride for me but hey, anything is better then nothing!!!!
Woodsy

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Woodsy, I'm glad to hear the doc visit went well. Did you tell him you're planning on riding??? I'll bet not!

My Friday ride at Tin Cup is iffey. Turns out we're heading to my parent's for a Christmas family get-together on Friday night instead of Saturday morning, per the wife. Wife - 1 Dirt Bike - 0.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Now Mark, remember that true love doesnt keep score.... It is funny that you mentioned that comment about not telling the Doc I was a dirtbiker -Sitting in the privacy room at the hospital my wife and I had a great conversation about my "difficulties with staying off the bikes while we work thru this back thing". I had her pretty convinced that "biking is theraputic" and that "if I dont use it I will lose it". The Doctor came in shortly after that and she asked him about what kind of activities I should be engaged in while all this is unfolding. To make a long story short, some of the last words I remember saying to my wife before "going under" were "dont say nothing to NOBODY about dirtbikes". :)
Woodsy

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
It's coincidental in a way, my wife asked my oncologist on Friday "can he still dirt bike ride". Thank God the oncologist said yes, of course!

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
I was in the same boat last September coming off an infection. On Monday the Doc says I should be back to normal by the weekend. When I told him what normal was - riding at the Wolverine Extravaganza - he made a big punching motion with his fist and said absolutely not. To ride then could have been my last one, so for once I listened and behaved. Those that dislike dirt lead too clean a life. The dirt is what makes us better people.
Lets keep riding - not restricted to two wheels either.
Young Ted

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hey Young Ted - PREACH IT BROTHER!!! And they all forget one HUGE thing - DIRT is where we all came from and where we are all returning so they better get used to dirt, what better way to get used to it then on a DIRT bike :) Of course, there aint no use in rushing it. I keep telling my wife that when turn +70 I want to be just like my good friend INCA and she keeps coming back with "then you better listen to me and yor Doctors".....
Ride on my Brothers
Woodsy

Top Bottom