Center gravity problems in Honda CR ?

helio

Dec 19, 2001
I have a CR 125 year 1998 with Technoflex suspension and for my riding requirements they work ok. Last weekend a friend mine told that probably my bike is not well balanced...He pressed with their hands the bike in the middle and the front suspension did not react as the rear.
He also told me that the CR´s 97 and 98 has a CG problems...
Who can please give your opinion about this matter ?

Thanks

Apr 12, 2000
Set your rider sag on the rear shock. As far as the cg goes, aint nothin you can do about what the factory designs. The cg is a constantly changing thing, depending on where you sit, whether you stand up or not, and where you bend your body. Find your bike's sweet spot, that is where can you position your body so that it does what you want. Ie, sit forward in turns, back in rocks,ect ,ect. every bike is different, because every one is different.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Forks carry alot of stiction so they often dont go down with the rear.Try the same with the front brake on and use the footpeg to load the suspension and they should go down together.

helio

Dec 19, 2001
I already setup up my rear sag about 100mm...If I decrease the oil level in front forks should it help ?

Thanks for your time.

helio

Dec 19, 2001
Last night I have re-aligned the forks and moved forward my bars a little. Now seems that the balance was improved when I grab the front brake with my right foot on the left footpeg.
-Forwarding the bars can change the CG ? I hope this makes sense.

In order to improve my body cramped position(I am a little tall) in first place what should I do ? put the bars more higher or lower the pegs ?

Thanks.

Buzz Bomb

May 9, 2000
Originally posted by helio
Last night I have re-aligned the forks and moved forward my bars a little. Now seems that the balance was improved when I grab the front brake with my right foot on the left footpeg.
-Forwarding the bars can change the CG ? I hope this makes sense.

In order to improve my body cramped position(I am a little tall) in first place what should I do ? put the bars more higher or lower the pegs ?

Thanks.

I think you were imagining the difference more than anything. Handlebars don't weigh enough to significantly affect the center of gravity. The front brake and footpeg thing that marcusgunby suggest is what makes the difference. BTW, it's not a big problem to begin with. There's nothing wrong with your bike just because some bimbo says its got a bad center of gravity. Just ride it and have fun!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom