Realest

Mar 20, 2009
hello,

i have the drive sprocket off my 1995 Yamaha DT200 because of an oil leak i have at the seal behind it. the sprocket is pretty worn and i figured i'd change it and the chain while i have it off. i am running into problems locating aftermarket parts as my bike is not listed in the catalog for my local aftermarket supplier. i was also thinking of putting a larger drive gear on to gain a little more top end from the bike. stock and current configuration is a 13 tooth drive gear and a 43 tooth driven gear. Do i have any options beside going to yamaha? was thinking of going to a 14 tooth drive gear.

also that chain seems to be odd ball......my manual tells me its a 528V6 by DAIDO with 105 Links + joint. Can someone tell me what these number mean and maybe i can cross it over another manufacture.

can anyone give me some places to look for parts online?

Realest

Mar 20, 2009
okay well i took my chain off and cleaned it up. stamped all on the chain is DID 520V6
counted the links and it had 105 plus the joint. double checked the manual and it says 528V6. i am going to go down to my aftermarket shop called rec supply and pick up a 520 chain and see if they can match up sprockets. if not i guess its off to yamaha to pay the big bucks

Realest

Mar 20, 2009
from saskatoon

i have everything bought now.......but wasn't able to find a 14 tooth drive sprocket. had to stick with a 13 tooth

gr411

Feb 8, 2009
lol im from stoon to go to denniskirk.com they will have everything to need i buy everything i can think of for my bike of there its where i bought mine drive and driven sprockets from good luck

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
gr411 said:
lol im from stoon to go to denniskirk.com they will have everything to need i buy everything i can think of for my bike of there its where i bought mine drive and driven sprockets from good luck

Does anyone else have a problem understanding this?

Realest

Mar 20, 2009
no i understand gr411 just fine.
thanks for the tips folks, but no one and i mean know list aftermarket parts for my 95 DT200. seems they stopped importing the DT200 into the US in the 80's. so as far as any aftermarket company out of the state is concerned it doesn't exist. the DT200 was imported to places like Australia, Canada and Europe. At least I can still get over price parts from Yamaha Canada.

Top Bottom