Check out "Little Ricky"!

B

biglou

Check him out! Just finished with him (for now!). Black powder-coated frame, RK Gold chain, fat-boy fork springs, Fox shock, Throttle Jockey graphics, custom hand-cut numbers, FMF PC4 pipe,Fast 50's billet throttle, handlebars, skidplate, Kitaco kick starter, Unidilla knobbies, UNI Pod filter, SDG tall seat foam and gripper cover, and Phillips B35 race fuel! :yeehaw:

Click 1
Click 2
Click 3
Click 4
Click 5

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Dude, that looks pretty tough.....
What a coincidence, my buddy just bought a powdercoat system, he plans on doing his swingarm black tonight or tomorrow...
You are so right with these bikes, its like your on this quest for endless mods, and when someone else does a mod, its like, man I gotta step it up....
.. checked out that Takegawa 88cc complete kit, it looks like very high quality stuff..$439 complete and I can get at least a 10% ama disc...I think I am going to try to wait to the end of the month.. Lets see if I can..
anyway, Big Lou, Congrats on the bike, very good work!!!

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Hey, I also like that Kitaco starter, it appears that it is all aluminum in the pix, is that correct? Is it just a 1 piece with no rubber grip? How much and where to get? see what I mean???????

B

biglou

I thought the kickstarter was billet, but it is steel. It does have a rubber grip, and I got it from Classic Honda. $56, + 6.50 S&H, $62.50 total and they are in stock! It is on their Supermotard 50 (125cc) which you can see at their site. The guy said that motard bike is unreal. He finished 11th out of 40+ bikes including 426's, 450's, etc.!!! Here is a link to the starter: http://www.hondaminitrail.com/gifs/KickArmKitaco.jpg and here: http://www.hondaminitrail.com/gifs/Kickarminstalled.jpg And here is their main site: www.hondaminitrail.com

Warning: This site will make you want to spend money you dont have! :)

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
SAAAAWEEEEETTTTT!!!!!!!

Lookin good Lou. That things going to be a blast. No wheelies in the pits at DW, well I guess if they're 1st gear wheelies its OK. ;)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
HA! I can no longer do first gear wheelies. . .second gear is much better (and the pucker factor is extremely high).

My dental hygienist's kid rode my Fitty at Mill Creek MX last week and promptly looped it. :) I went with a conservative bore on mine, and I can only imagine what a blast the 88 or 102 kits would be like.

Nice work, Lou. :thumb:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Sweeeeeet ride Lou! But aren't you a lil big for a 50? :confused:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by BigLou
It is on their Supermotard 50 (125cc) which you can see at their site. The guy said that motard bike is unreal.

The XR50 Motard they built is really cool ;)

B

biglou

I picked up the bike pretty cheap from another DRN member. It cost me less than a used 2001 stock XR50 would have and it already had the shifter, footpegs, skidplate, springs and shocks. The seat foam and seat cover were on backorder but included in the deal. Did the powdercoating myself at work for free. Pipe was 160; bars, tripleclamp, billet throttle and barpad were 190; graphics 50; backgrounds 16; plastic 45 (rear clip only); tires and chain 30 each; pod filter 16. There a few other doo-dads here and there, bit a lot of time and attention to detail is what really paid off.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I have no idea why you guys are investing this kind of money in these little bikes, yet, if I dont have one soon I will go nuts. Why are these so dammed interesting????

Yours is beautiful, by the way!

minifig-phil

Spammer
Apr 6, 2002
Check out my Kyle Lewis replica at http://trickracing.com/xr50.htm
It has:

-Kitaco 88cc Ultra Big bore kit
-Kitaco inner rotor ignition
-Manual clutch kit
-20mm carb
-UNI air filter
-Trick Racing BIG bar kit
-Pro Circuit pipe
-SIK50's HD shock and fork springs
-MOTO X3 graphics
-Dunlop tires

Also now it has a BBR pipe and an ishock.

www.trickracing.com

B

biglou

Hey phil-nice bikes! You've got a wide range of mods on all those bikes on your site. Lots of ideas there, for sure. Not sure what I'm gonna do next. Probably have to sell another kidney for some more cash first, though...

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Sweet bike, Phil! What kind of cable did you use for the manual clutch? I have a spare CT70H motor, and I'm thinking about using the clutch parts to convert my XR. I have everything but the cable. Did you do your own conversion? Was it worth the trouble?

minifig-phil

Spammer
Apr 6, 2002
I used a XL70 clutch cable. I also had to mod the XR50 shiftershaft. The CT70 (or SL70 XL70) won't work because it's too short to get a shifter on.
Next is a frame kit I think.

Top Bottom