yarrowkevin

Mar 12, 2004
anyone else from the area riding vedder mountain etc with any jetting suggestions for a 96- 200 with the typical mods .pipe airbox etc, just looking for any shortcuts rather than spending 50.00 on jets I wont need, I have looked up the jetting info allready just looking for what you are running :clue:

Aflica

May 23, 2004
Hey , im not from there , but i got some jets for my 03 220r , as i did the pipe and silencer and airbox , And Boyesen power reeds . The mains were dirt cheap , 3 bucks each from my locals bike shop. i got 3 to play with though i only need to adjust the needle clip from stock middle to 2nd from the top and a little less air screw (1 1/4 ) , hope this helps.

know_fear

May 19, 2000
My jetting may not be of much help since my 220 has the RB bored carb but I'm just up the road and have a few jets you could borrow. Call me at 858-1849.

GS

Jun 29, 2003
Hi there,
I haven't begun to jet my 220 yet, but what are you guys running. I am always looking for new places to ride, currently wandering around on Eagle Mtn in Coq and occasionally Stave Lk. Any recommendations about where to park and ride on Vedder? How do you like the RB know_fear?

RACINRAY

Feb 18, 2004
i use a 158 main in late spring and summer in almost all the lowermainland riding areas chimpmunk, vedder ,tailngs pond, mc nutt, winter i richen it up a bit remember when jetting get the main jet first then the needle then the pilot you will never get it exact but it is always better to stay a little rich than too lean because it will GRENADE :yikes: . hope this helps . :cool:

know_fear

May 19, 2000
GKS, the RB carb mod is probably the best engine mod to do after a pipe. It gave a good boost in all rev ranges and makes for instant throttle response.
Vedder Mtn. has miles and miles of tight trails, some are quite nasty and some are downhill only (steep drops). New riders can find some good trails but can also get into trouble if they don't know where they're going. Come check it out.

yarrowkevin

Mar 12, 2004
directions to vedder mountain

take the no 3 road exit ( cultas lake) and follow the signs to cultas lake, you will drive through yarrow and our 4 liquor store yarrow central will turn into vedder mountain road. this will come to a traffic light, make a right turn (cultas lake road) you will go up a hill and through some turns ,to the right is parimeter road , hang a right and follow it up the hill, will turn into gravel , you can unload about a 1/2 mile up where the signs are posted and go nuts from there, make sure you follow the trail signs until you know where your going, hopes this helps, if not give me a call at 604 823 7402 :laugh:

GS

Jun 29, 2003
know_fear,
Thanks for the directions. Just on my way out the door to return videos, before they fine me, but I see you have the 220. Any thoughts to share as to which pipe..torque or rev configuration. As far as riding to Vedder area, I had a look at this web site and it looks really great out there.
Thanks,
Greg

know_fear

May 19, 2000
The 220's are torquier (sp?) than the 200's so they seem to benefit more from the Rev pipe. I've modified my engine as follows; Rev pipe, Boyesen 2 stage reeds, RB modified carb.
This setup makes for one of the widest powerbands on a 2 stroke. It'll rev way up there but still grunt along in 2nd gear at a walking pace. I'll use 2nd for most of the trails so that when they open up a little I can just crack it and go without shifting. It works really well for me.
If you're planning a ride on Vedder, give me a call at
858-1849. I'll meet you there.

GS

Jun 29, 2003
Thanks for the info and riding offer. We may be a while getting out that way...two and a half bikes are sorta in parts and my KDX hasn't been serviced lately either. My brother would want to tag along as well, but he is also still at work on his 300EXC.

Still...Your offer to show me around is great and I may just take you up on it someday. Thanks again,
Greg

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom