Chopping Your Silencer???

J_Owens_66

Mar 8, 2004
All my racing buddies make fun of my silencer because it sticks out a fair amount, it is a Pro Circuit Factory Sound w/ the racing cap. Has anyone tried to cut their silencer and weld the endcap back on or something like this, i had a friend do it to his YZ 125 and he said it helped his low-end. Thanks

bleedngreen

Jan 9, 2004
Dude, grow a backbone... They're making fun of you?

It'll be no fun for any of us when there's no place left to ride because of LOUD BIKES!!!

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
oh yes it can be done! i did it to mine. In fact, doent make the bike much louder. just more of a "popping" sound instead of the GR GR GR.

heres what to do:

1. Take apart the silencer

2. put on the outer shell, onto the inner one/pipe end

3. Cut it to desired length

4. take off about 1/4 inch or so to the inner piece

5. cut muffeler packing to length

6. drill the new holes for the end cap

7. use self tapping screws to hold it back together

This mod looks AWESOME, and isnt really any louder if you have a stock pipe.

For a pic of mine... go to www.geocities.com/kdxfreestyle200/

if you have any more questions, post them here, or e mail me at XR100Man18@Hotmail.com

J_Owens_66

Mar 8, 2004
The way i see it, the louder the better. I live out in the sticks so it dosen't matter.

Mike McGlade

Jan 13, 2000
You should be making fun of them

If they are seeing your back end, you must be in front of your "racing buddies" on your "trailbike" so you should be the one having the laughs at their expense. Save yourself the trouble and just keep riding and practicing so you stay ahead of your so called buddies.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…