Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
What I have been doing is washing the mud off the bike. Then use Castrol Superclean. Works really well. I dont like it on cars cause it is pretty harsh, but works great on the bikes to clean them up. I just run full strength on it.

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
Ditto on simple green for dirt, Superclean or Oil Eater for grease. I tried a power washer once and it took much longer then by hand. :confused:
But beware the two latter degreasers can etch/dull aluminum if it is hot or sun-baked warm. :eek:

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Originally posted by motomad
I'll never buy a used bike if I see a pressure washer in the garage :think: :think:

Why? I use a pressure washer every time to clean my bike, then use a degreaser, then soap and water, then armor-all. Needless to say, my bike stays pretty clean. Why are you against pressure washers? They work great :aj:

motomad

May 26, 2002
And chains and brakepads too. Stan,Old Man,I'm not talking about clean. I'm talking about rusted inside.Personal opinion here-- Short of a Sawzall,pressure washers have to be the best tool ever invented for destroying motorcycles.If I had a fiver for every post where somebody's crying over snapped and corroded bolts,rusted bearings,siezed spokes and the like.Well.....They didn't get that way being rained on.I don't think they even got that way from creek crossings(they got ridden out and trail dried after that).The great majority got there being pressure washed and rolled right into the garage.Now I agree with you the skill of the operator counts for something,I've just never had the inclination to ask for a demo before handing over the asking price.

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
I'll use a garden hose if I really want to do some hand scrubbing and detailing work, but for the big stuff, the pressure washer is my buddy. :)

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Originally posted by motomad
And chains and brakepads too. Stan,Old Man,I'm not talking about clean.

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions, and I'll keep using my pressure washer, and you keep, well, not using one. As for the old man thing???? You know I'm 15, right? :think:

Top Bottom