colorado-high

Jul 4, 2000
What is the best way to clean the inside of a 2 stroke pipe? I pulled mine off to do a top end and there ;) must have been a good 1/8 of an inch build up of crusty stuff on the inside.

helio

Dec 19, 2001
Could be a great blunder but I heard that it is possible to clean inside with brake oil. Due to his cleaner properties!!!!!
Basically consists in put the pipe in oil for a night and then wash it with water...
- Anybody can confirm this hint ?

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Solvent gets too messy and WE ALL need to be kind to mother earth if were gonna live on this planet for the next million years.If you have a good auto machine shop you could have them clean it in their oven ,it will turn all the carbon into dust it will probably cost you about 30 bucks, then all youll have to do is repaint it

bruce j

Dec 14, 2001
I cleaned mine with a big propane torch. Heated a short section at a time to a dull red , let it cool gradually, all the hardened crap inside flaked right off. My header pipe had the most buildup.

Aug 6, 2000
I'm about to do the same thing, What I'm going to do is cap off one end of my pipe then fill it full of mineral spirits, let it sit for a day or 2 and then empty it into my parts cleaner, then I'm going to take a rubber hammer and knock the loose stuff out, and then I'm going to get a old frayed up cable put the one end into a drill stick the cable inside the pipe use the drill to knock any more stubborn stuff out, then use the hammer again. This usally works good for me.

Pcar

Mar 20, 2002
I use oven cleaner to clean the carbon on my power valve and anything that has a buildup of carbon. I have used it on exhaust pipes and it works real good. The stuff is strong so make sure you test it on a small portion of the pipe.

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
I clean my pipes out with my own cleaning solution I make out of bakeing soda. I start by plugging the stinger end of the pipe with a expandable rubber plug from the hardware store. I then fill the pipe with the cleaning solution through the cylinder end of the pipe, let it sit for a few minutes, agitate and repeat as neccesary. The solution is made from a box and a half of bakeing soda and a quart and a half of water. Boil water on the stove, add soda while boiling, mix solution well and add to pipe while boiling. This method works great, but it is quit caustic so it will burn bare skin and will damage the finish on a nickle plated pipe so be careful.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom