Clutch Help Needed

xXxYZxXx

Aug 16, 2002
I just got my bike back and the clutch failed on me..I finally fixed it, but I don't have anything to hold the clutch while I tighten all the nuts and bolts. What do you suggest to hold the clutch in place while I tighten the bolts? Thanks

01RM125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2002
I place the bike in 2nd or higher gear, step on the rear break and tighten away. If you need to remove the break leaver, I have also put in at least 2nd gear, had friend hold bike up with front wheel against a wall, and then tighten.
Forgot, the primary drive bolt; you can get a special tool to hold the basket (if the basket is driven from the engin side). I have made a wooden holder that grabs 4 if the basket fingers for my RM (1/2" plywood cut to fit in the basket, large hole in center, old trowl/small shovel as a handle). I have heard of wedging a shop rag between the gears to stop it so you can do this; but I have never tried that.

Last edited:

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
i think there is a way to jam a screw driver between your brake pedel and frame ( at the foot peg area) to hold the brake down.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…