"clutch operating plate" disengaing crooked

MC_NickP

Nov 2, 2009
hey guys. new to forum.
i have a 99 kx250 and have some issues with the clutch.

yesterday after filing basket down due to dragging (no parts replaced), i had the bike on its side and was pulling the clutch lever and noticed the "clutch operating plate" (what i call pressure plate, the ones with the 5 bolts and springs), doesnt disengage right.

when it disengages, the rear half pushes out and about halfway out the other side disengages, but doesnt go out as far the rear half.

i understand if that is hard to understand, just ask and i will explain more.

i checked the "push rod" and it looks flat to me, and i didnt see any mushed ends. is this normal for the pressure plate to disengage like this - unevenly?? i double checked the spring bolt torque, and it was all consistent.

MC_NickP

Nov 2, 2009
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Is the outer pressure hub, engaging into the inner hub? Some hubs only go on a specific way. Vintage Bob
i followed exactly as the manual says and the way that it came out was the way it went back in.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
You have 4 to 6 posts that you can rotate the outer hub onto it, yes? Try rotating it, without a few plates, and see if it engages cleanly, if not, rotate it 1 post? If all the springs are the same free length, they are the same. Vintage Bob

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom