Clutch options for the "E" Series

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Looks like aftermarket clutch options for my '92 are pretty limited
I've looked at Dennis Kirk, Rocky Mtn, and Chaparral

EBC has a kit for $73 complete w/friction plates, steel plates and HD springs

Vesrah has just the friction plates for $132 Ouch!

Barnett has the friction plates for $80, Steel plates for $35 and $12 for springs

Any feedback on any of these?

Or other options?

bh

Nov 26, 2001
I've had the Barnett plates in my 93 for about a year and a half and they seem to be holding up good. They don't slip much when I dont want them to. I got the all the plates for about $50 fromthe guy that rebuilt my engine. Sorry I can't offer more help.

procircuit21

Nov 19, 2002
Yea just get some Barnettes they work good. I've had them since last spring they are still holding up well

procircuit21

Nov 19, 2002
And another thing you might not have to get new steels or springs necessarily. Just get a set of calipers and a repair manual if you are looking to save a little money.

motox

May 21, 2001
I just installed a set of answer m-3 on my 92kdx200. it was clutch plates and springs. Picked it up for 20 off ebay. Work great but maybe all in vein. my basket was grooved like you wouldn't believe. I filed down. the real kicker was that the littl cluch rod that turns and pushes clutch was worn down. it wouldn't even engage the new clutch. so i put 2 7¢ washers where the manual shows 1 (and says if provided) and that's the best and easiest my clutch has worked in 3 years. I think my old pates were ok. they didn't look any more worn than the new ones.

procircuit21

Nov 19, 2002
You are talking about your clutch wasnt disengaging when you pulled the lever in, right? If so, where exactly did you put the washers at?

motox

May 21, 2001
Have you got your service manual. page 5-8 if not I can send you a digital pic or just describe it. drain oil, unhook clutch cable, take off clutch cover. its called a clutch pusher and it is the round thing in the middle of the spring plate pusher. what it did was since my clutch release shaft was worn out was to make it stick out a little further. Waa-la the clutch release shaft fully disengaged the clutch when i pulled the clutch lever. I still think my old plates were still good. The service manual shows a picture with the caption flat washer (if provided) Well there was not a washer when I took it apart.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…