Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
I finally fried my clutch below it's minimum thickness so time for an aftermarket set. What I really don't know is what brands are better than others. Only requirement is for steel plates. I once overheard a guy talking about how awesome the White Brothers plates are; but lucky me hasn't been able to find where to buy these. Another thing he said was that Barnetts tend to crack. Anyone had this happen?? If you have a brand that you'd highly recomend, or avoid, please post.

The bike is a 2001 cr 125 that is raced and has heavy clutch abuse :p

Last edited:

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
I had Barnett plates in my CR125 and for over a years worth of clutch abuse (hey its a 125) the clutch feels the same as it did when I first bought the bike, but I have been running really good oil with them (bel-ray gear saver).

MXFastGuy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 11, 2001
To my knowledge White Bros does not make clutch plates, they are a distributor/retailer for other brands.

I've had better luck with EBC than Barnett. Buy the entire kit that includes springs, steel plates, and fibers.

los36

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
I have been really happy with EBC clutches. I don't know what brand of bike you have, but they even cured the RM creeping problem. Just be sure to get the cork based plates that EBC makes and not the Kevlar ones.

Check out Rocky Mountain's site, they have two different part numbers for the cork and kevlar plates. This way, you know what they're sending you.

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
What's so bad about the EBC kevlar??

Earlier today I ordered the EBC ER clutch set. They are "special" for moto-x...whatever that means. All I know is that it has steel plates and kevlar friction material.

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
I am interested in this too. I have the same bike as Moto Squid and the CRs come stock with the aluminum correct? I was looking at these Moose Steel Clutch Plates and also Vesrah plates, not because I need to get them now just for the sake of looking. Anyway I just wondered the same as Squid, what will last the longest and perform the best.

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Definetly go with steel plates. Last longer and don't contaminate the oil. I used to have Moose steel plates in my RM125 and never had a problem with the clutch. Heck now that I realize it I've never had a problem with a clutch in any bike I ever owned, heck maybe it's the oil...!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom