pro2k

Nov 7, 2002
What can I do with a stock clutch on an 03 CR250 for a more positive feel and a lighter pull??

I was thinking about some Hinson products but would I have to buy the clutch basket, inner hub, and pressure plate to make any difference? What's the best mod for the money?

Wilky

Oct 21, 2004
What condition is your stock clutch in?
Is the basket notched?
Are the plates still in spec?
Are the cable and all cable pull pivot points good and lubed?

I would check all of these things before you spend any money.

pro2k

Nov 7, 2002
cable is all lubed but I haven't checked any of the other stuff. I just heard Hinson upgrades will give the clutch a better feel to it. But then again, $500 for a basket, hub, and pressure plate is a little steep for a weekend warrior!

Wilky

Oct 21, 2004
I did a search on Hinson here on DRN and I found a thread that has some comments about the Hinson clutch that you might be interested in. I do not know how to post a link but if you do a search on "Suzuki RM250 2003 clutch basket" you should be able to find the thread I am referring to. The jist of the thread is that the Hinson’s are more durable but do not have a better "feel" than a new stock clutch. What is wrong with the feel of the clutch now? If it is slipping you may need new plates, fibers and/or springs (~$90). If clutch pull is the main concern then you may want to look into the MSR Raptor clutch lever/perch (~$45) or a hydraulic clutch (~$220). A hydraulic clutch will give you a little lighter pull and is self-adjusting. Or you can install a Z-start auto clutch (~$450) and forget about the clutch entirely (or so they say).

flyridecr125

Jan 8, 2005
hinson stuff helps but more to longer life then stock, but checking to make sure you have a good cable routing. White brother sells a pully mechanism that reduces pull and stuff i bought it but i figured out it was my cable so it sits in a box. it was like 30 bucks but they might make a hydrolic clutch for a 03.

hope this might help

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom