crazyYZ

Oct 3, 2004
ive been having really weird problems with my new bike. When i switch into gear, the clutch (i think) doesnt engage all the way and i stall, but if i rev the bike up a little bit then everything is fine. Also when i try to stop and engage the clutch my bike stalls if im going slow almost like i didnt even pull it in but then again if i rev up the bike everything seems to be fine again. Also when i want to cruise for a little bit of time before stopping with the clutch engaged, the bike stalls. Are the plates worn out on the clutch??? If not, then whats the problem??? :bang: :worship:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
When you say "engage the clutch", do you meen "pull in the clutch lever"? That's what it sounds like. (Note:The clutch is disengaged when the lever is pulled,and engaged when it's not.) If that's the case, there could be a few different problems. Is the clutch cable adjusted properly? If the adjustment is all the way out, and the lever still has excesive "play" in it, you need a new cable. If the cable is ok, you need to remove the clutch cover and inspect the clutch components. Is the basket groved? Are the plates within spec.? Is the push rod damaged? Just go through it and see what you can find.

If you are totaly lost after reading the above, get a manual and read it. Then read it again.

That should be enough info to get you on the right track, hope it helps, YZ165

Top Bottom