Cold weather riding pants? what's good?

jeffcarlson

Nov 17, 2001
Cold Weather Ridin Gear

I like the Moose Monarch pass Jacket, and Pants. They are not insulated but are made of Goretex. So they keep you dry and breath well too. The pants have a inner and outer gator so they help in keeping your feet dry too. I also like Gortex sock for that(military surplus stores). As far as gloves I like the MSR Cold Pro it is insulated and waterproof. But still is flexible, and last but not least is a MSR Windstopper windshirt these are fantastic at keeping the cold wind out, and the warmth in. I know that www.sbmotorsports.com has a lot of these things in stock. I just perchased new pants and gloves from there.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I've got a pair of Shift baggy pants (don't know which ones :think ) and they are rather nice when it's cold. The baggy fir makes it easy to layer lots of thermals under them. Two jerseys and my MSR jacket with the CP over and I'm nice and toasty, even in the 10° ohio weather :eek:
hmm, perhaps some grip heaters this season :silly:

tonyr

Feb 15, 2000
Jeff, are the MSR cold pro gloves insulated in the palms. I have been searching for a winter glove that has insulation on the back of the glove but not on the palm. I cannot use a traditional ski type glove, makes my arms pump up. I use grip heaters, but still would like something to block the wind.

tonyr

Feb 15, 2000
Yes, they do work. draw about 25 watts. I just unplug my headlight when I use them, because I only have a 40 watt coil. I think my heaters came from Eunduro Engineering. Bought them from the local dlr. $25 to $30 if I remember correctly.

J.B.426

~SPONSOR~
Mar 20, 2000
tonyr,
Thor now makes a Phase 3 windchill glove. It is very much like a moto glove but blocks the wind and so far seems pretty warm. It's not on Thor's site yet but check at mxsouth, they have it.

tonyr

Feb 15, 2000
JB426, Thanks for the reply, they are just what I was looking for. Have you tried the gloves? I interested is sizing. Are they accurate on size? I wear a large glove in three other brands, but I haven't tried Thor products before.
Thanks again.:)

Top Bottom