Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
Great! You'll be good-to-go come spring time. Thanks for the update.

Creeper9

~SPONSOR~
Oct 28, 1999
Smit-Dog,

Check this out. This happend about a year and a half ago. Yes there are 9 screws in there. It shattered into 7 pieces during a highside. OUCH.

Attachments

• bone1.jpg
    bone1.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 89

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Creeper - Ouch! You must be a lot of fun going through metal detectors! Do you still have the hardware in? Nice thumb in the picture!

You must have been hauling a$$ when you high-sided. I was only going about 10MPH, but hit it just right. Looks like your CB was in a lot of little fragments - appears surgey was the only option to get all the pieces in some sort of order. How's the bone/shoulder now? I wish I would have had the Haige Pin procedure. My left side is noticably shorter now.

High on my list of "never want to do that again!"

See you riding next spring!

:thumb:

Creeper9

~SPONSOR~
Oct 28, 1999
Actually, the hardware is still in there and has never given me a problem in metal detectors. The first time I went through a detector was after the 11th last year, so I figured that I was going to set off all sorts of alarms. Nothing hapened! I was suprised. Actually, that's not a thumb. I've never been able to figure out what it was, but my hand was no where near the X-ray.

Yes, surgery was the only way to go. I was probably very near to getting a nice puncture wound too, but it stayed in the skin. Basically, the middle 1.5" exploded and the edges rested on top of each other. I have had no problems with it other than the occasional ache. I still have all the range of motion that I had before, and Riding has not bothered me me so far!! It does look like hell through the skin though!!

I'd rate it high on my never want to do again list also :thumb:

See you on the t

Top Bottom