Compression 2001 CR250

BBdotcom

Sep 26, 2004
Hi Everyone, Tomorrow I'm going to be buying my first CR250 :yeehaw:
Two buddies of mine are coming along to check out the bike
both have been riding motocross for years, one of which is a mechanic, He asked me to find out what the manual says is the compression for a 2001 CR250. He knows what the ballpark figures are for a 250 seeing he owns a RM250, but wants the one that Honda states in the manual.
Can anyone help me out here? :worship:
Thanks
Tom

CR3999

Feb 28, 2000
I have a shop manual And it is not in there. Just the compression ratio.

BBdotcom

Sep 26, 2004
Bummer! ...Thanks for taking the time to look for me
Do you or anyone know from experience what the highest & lowest acceptable compression should be on a 01 CR250?
I'll more than likely be buying the bike tomorrow, owner says it has about 80 hours use on it and the piston and rings were done this past June. I have a couple of pictures of the bike and it really looks like new. Tomorrow can't come fast enough
Thanks for all the help
Tom

BBdotcom

Sep 26, 2004
whats with the throttle being fully opened, i asked my friend about that and he said it doesn't make a difference??Note he isn't a mechanic and could be wrong
Tom

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
The engine needs to draw in fresh air through the carburetor to get an accurate reading. If the throttle is closed, when the piston tries to draw fresh air/fuel into the cylinder it will create low pressure in the bottom end and will not fill the cylinder completely during the compression stroke.

BBdotcom

Sep 26, 2004
Thanks Everyone, :worship:
Now if tomorrow 3:30pm can arrive
I feel like a kid on xmas eve :laugh: prolly won't sleep a wink tonight.
Thanks I'll let you all know how it goes tomorrow night!
Tom

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…