compression valving verses rebound valving

russ17

Aug 27, 2002
I would like to know what compression valving has on rebound,or is it the other way around or does rebound valving have a effect on the compression. why i ask is I was doing some testing on the 2002 Yz 250 forks trying some different set ups, do to the fact that the 2002-2003 Yzs feel like they are topping out to me, well not only me Barry Hawk said the same thing to me. Well back to my point i started slowing the rebound internally to take out that topping out feeling out and it seemed to me that the forks felt stiffer. I did'nt touch the base valve compression or mid that is why I ask.

Jeff Howe

Apr 19, 2000
consider any applications of bleed involved that may effect the rebound stroke. I won't see my first 03 YZ until next week, but the 02 had bleed built into the midvalve.

By topping out, he is referring to the fork returning to full extension with little resistance at the top of the stroke, thereby giving a "clunk" feeling when it stops.

russ17

Aug 27, 2002
shocknut I must of missed that bleed. are you saying it is built into the mid valve piston. and yes the forks feel like they are returning at the top of the stroke with little resistance.the 03s are very close to the 02s

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by Shocknut
By topping out, he is referring to the fork returning to full extension with little resistance at the top of the stroke, thereby giving a "clunk" feeling when it stops.

kinda like the vica versa of bottoming....it is clear now...thanks!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…