Imaginos82

Jul 24, 2008
I just bought an 88 Kdx 200 and took it out riding for the first time in the desert, and the end cap on the silencer(being held on only by a solitary screw on top) must have allowed the mesh tube on the inside along with the packing to fly out when i hit the powerband one time. :whoa:

my question is simple
-is it bad for the bike not to have the mesh tube or packing in the silencer while riding and does it need to be replaced before the next ride?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
it certainly isn't good for the bike.. Will it do any damage, probably not. Could it cause you to get into trouble? Yeah, it could. I'm sure it's quite loud now.. You might want to get that taken care of asap!

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
Are you talking about the pipe with all the holes in it that the packing wraps around?? If so, that is what helps the bike make power, as it helps determine the pressure in the exhaust system. Besides the noise, a properly running engine and exhaust will make less power without it.

Imaginos82

Jul 24, 2008
glad2ride said:
Are you talking about the pipe with all the holes in it that the packing wraps around?? If so, that is what helps the bike make power, as it helps determine the pressure in the exhaust system. Besides the noise, a properly running engine and exhaust will make less power without it.

yeah thats the one,
i repacked it using house insulation and it felt laggy in the powerband. so i went ahead and took it out and packed it again more loose than the first time and that seemed to help

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom