Contingence Money

Stretch374

Apr 22, 2001
Can someone explain to me how factory Contingence money works at MX races?

I would like to know what classes and position money is paid out in?

What is the most someone on this form has made in one weekend and or 1 year?

Thanks,

BikeDstroyer

Jun 30, 2001
Depends on what bike you race. Yamaha list all the races and payout on their web site. It has all the info you need. I think Suzuki has the same info as well.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Husky probably has the best plan going right now. Of course you have to check their web-site to make sure that the races you attend are on the plan.

They pay $300, 200 and 100 for the A classes and I think $200, 100 and 75 for the B classes. Therefore if you are a REAL fast A rider you could win $300 per race.

Are you fast enough to even worry about it?:p

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Originally posted by Layton
Are you fast enough to even worry about it?:p

I know allot of local riders here in Dallas metroplex and I wouldn't be worrying `bout contingency money. Kind of one of those "If you need to ask" questions.:cool:

If you think can beat `em though go for it, but don't quit you day job. This sport can get real expensive in a quick fast & a hurry.:scream:

Last edited:

Stretch374

Apr 22, 2001
I agree that there is allot of fast riders in the DFW area.

I was wondering what a 5th place finish in a 250 nov. class might get you.

From looking at Yam. and Suz. web sites it's about $20.

I ride purely for fun even when I race, but maybe I'll set a goal to earn $20 in contingency money next year just to have something to shoot for.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Race off road! The Suzuki contingency program is awesome. They pay$400 for any class win as long as it's a Suzuki race, and they will tell you if it is or not, and as long as there's more than 6 people in the class. (as far as I know). There is a cap of $3200.

I have a couple of friends who, between Suzuki bucks and good deals through sponsoring dealerships, pay very very little for their bikes.

JJmxr

Nov 14, 1999
As I understand it though, your bike needs to be within 1 year of the current model to qualify. I think that kind of sucks.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
There is no limit on the total amount of money you can win on a Husky. Go to www.husqvarnausa.com/ to check it out.

It only makes since that they are not going to pay money to an older bike. They are in the business of selling new bikes.:think

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Kawasaki pays for D class too(not that I am in it). They have a "contract" of sorts though. YOu have to display a kawasaki logo somewhere on your bike and it has to be prominently green.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Quote:

I know what you mean derekb_55. I had my hair scarmbled once, and the roots hurt for a week, not to mention that my helmet fit funny. Maybe it's a Canadian thing. :think

osheen

Feb 27, 2000
I usually end up spending more money than I could ever win by chasing contingency. The most I have ever one in a single race is $100. The most in a season, about $300 or so. There aren't really even that many races that are eligible and there are so many conditions limiting what you can win. But, if you ride a Suzuki , can sandbag and go to a lot of paying races, then yes, there is money to be made at the local level

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…