coolant change

Vaulta

Jan 19, 2004
I am changing the coolant on my kdx, I just had a few questions. My manual says for changing the coolant to replace the gasket with a new one,do I really need to and what gasket? Also, can I just use a wrench to bleed the air. And my last question is should I buy a torque wrench and what size to do work on my bike? Is engine ice any good for the coolant?thanx
vaulta

outrgus

Jan 15, 2003
I would try using the evans coolant as it's excellent at keeping your bike cool. This coolant is very expensive but you never have to change it. Evan coolant is not mixed with water and creates no pressure. i use this coolant in both my kdx 220 and my classic mustang and well worth the money. just remember that no water = no rust and no pressure = your gasket and hoses will last forever, also i find my top ends last longer with this coolant because my bike runs cooler. i think the web site is www.evancoolant.com but if this is wrong just search for it. Hope this helps.

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
i use regular gree anti freeze 50/50 with water, and mine has never over heated, and I have never had any problems. What comes stock from the dealer in there? it looks to be some type of dark green stuff? vs. reg antifreeze is lime yellow.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…