macdady12269a

Oct 1, 2005
I have a 1988 RM80 and I just replaced the piston and put a new gasket on it and now whenever I put coolant into the radiator it just comes out of the hose that is right behind the water pump I took the head off to see if I did something wrong and I noticed that their was water down in the crank shaft the and also trany fluid is white and foamy any ideas

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
macdady12269a said:
their was water down in the crank shaft the and also trany fluid is white and foamy any ideas

Replace your water pump seals.

j122687m

Aug 3, 2005
yea i did the water pump seals on my kx80 that was like the first thing i ever did with the bike but its not too difficult id try and get a climber manual or something for your bike

makes the job 1000x easier than guessing like i did

macdady12269a

Oct 1, 2005
all right thanx ill try that some time this week but why would it be going into the crank if the seal was gone wouldnt it go into the trany

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
macdady12269a said:
all right thanx ill try that some time this week but why would it be going into the crank if the seal was gone wouldnt it go into the trany

Yes, and that is why the transmission oil is milky in color. When you remove your top end without properly draining all of the coolant, you will wind up with coolant in the crank area.

Also, check your cases for holes. If the bike has been run using plain water in the coolant instead of distilled water, it can cause the cases to corrode and can actually eat a hole in the case. Especially if the cases are magnesium.

I second the suggestion of getting a service manual.

Top Bottom