Copper Rads

riverz

Jun 25, 2003
I'm getting a set of copper rads made for my '93 KDX 200 since it's 500 dollars for originals. They look pretty nice, anyone ever had experience with them. I know they're a bit heavier but more durable than aluminum for sure.

Riverz

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
What about heat disipation? Is copper as effective as aluminium in cooling or is it just the weight factor of the two? I know the most effective heat sinks for CPU's are copper.

riverz

Jun 25, 2003
I was told they're approximately 25 to 30 percent more effective. Granted the person who told me that sold me the rads so he's biast. Oh they're 250 CAD each. Half the price of the originals.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Aluminum never made a decent radiator..it's just cheaper and lighter.

Talk to fredette? Seems he has most things sitting around for most any kdx. Don't know about the price.

Get some rad guards (not the ones in the front..the ones that mount on the back).

My rads stayed straight when new for...oh...a couple minutes! :(

riverz

Jun 25, 2003
See I've got the Devol guards on the front and man they did nothing for the ONE time i dropped the bike. They certainly stop alot of rock damage but the left side squished like a baby's bum and it was looking like 500 bucks. Hence why I looked for alternatives. They look pretty cool too. You're advising me to get braces right?

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Yes. I'm saying the devol 'guards' do NOT have anything to do with guarding the rads against crashes. Seems a common misconception (probably from the word 'guard')

Works makes a set that bolts on from the rear..from the outside edge to the frame.

The rads are a glass chin anyway. Not a good thing to 'lead' with.

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
Give Jazy a shout at
ebay@cyclesrus.net
I just bought both rads off a 98KX250 for my KDX/KX conversion for $225 USD. Excellent condition to boot.
I've dealt with him several times and his prices very reasonable.
Cheers.
Buc

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…