Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
I'm planning a ride into corral canyon (San Diego area) next Sun (6/20). Anybody else want to go? I usually stage at the Pine Valley exit. :cool:

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
chris leaves on sunday, so unless you can reschedule the ride for saturday we wont be able to make it. if we cant make this ride i might go and try the new vet track at planet extreme.

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Planet extreme is the old Amago and the new vet track is the old kids track with some new turns a downhill and a NICE uphill real moto-x type jump. You can blast off of the old uphill turn and hit the uphill jump. It's fun, but can be tight for big bikes. 250's and 450's would do fine there. I was up there a fee weeks ago on a Friday and till 12 PM we had three riders at the place. I was the only one that went on the vet track and they never watered it, so it was hard and slick. Saturdays should be good, I'd assume it would get it's share of water.

have fun and keep it safe.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Can't change it. I only have the time on Sun. The staging area is just after you come off the Pine Valley exit. There is a little cul-de-sac to the right where we stage. In the cul-de-sac you need a adventure pass to be legaly parked but everyone else just parks outside of it. I believe the fire road we start out on is called bear valley road. It connects to a single track trail called Kernan cycle trail, which leads to the four corners staging area of Corral Canyon. I plan to get to the Pine Valley exit by 7:00am and we should do the loop and be back at the cars by 12:00-1:00. If you have a camelbak bring it or carry some water. It is about a 45-50mi loop.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
im going to make this loop one of these days, damn, bad timing grrrrrr. have fun!

Fred
planet extreme is a hop-skip&jump from you, you should check it out.
i was hoping the new vet track was like the old amago main track, man i liked that track.

i also hear that the El Cajon track has changed?? Tree have you tried the new layout??

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Amago main track is definitely better than El Cajon IMO. El Cajon is just jumps and turns, not very exciting to me on the 525. At least Amago has some areas that you can actually open the throttle before you hit a jump. Jr didn't like it much either as he broke his wrist there last time out. It's a shame too because I live so close to it. :(

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
Mr. mellor,

I have a couple extra adventure passes. You can take one just in case you need it.

I've been wanting to ride with tree and KxSteve for a long time. I expect a full report if you go.

Top Bottom