Could I get some cheese w/ my whine?

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
Transmission whine, that is.
Only in second gear. It sounds kinda like the whirring of a blender or something. The engine runs great and there is no hard shifting, jumping out of gear, or anything like that. All other gears sound good. What could it be? Please tell me what I want to hear, not what it really is. (j/k) 95 200
Thanks!!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Could be the hard facing worn off the gear..makes it flat...makes it whine.

But, that's not what you want to hear.

Maybe it's your supercharger? A gear-drive makes a whine even when it's in perfect shape.

Oh..you don't have one'a those? ;)

I don't know that kawi gears are/are not subject to failure of this type...haven't heard any complaints of it.

Howabout change your tranny lube, change it often and ride it 'til it breaks?

I'm saying, if you don't want bad news...I doubt there is an answer. :(

maddawg

May 20, 2004
I don't know if you could get your hands on some Lucas oil, just takes a little bit of it, if you have 1 quart of oil in your crank just add about 50ml to 100ml compensate the oil for how much Lucas oil you use

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Do you have a particular Lucas product in mind? They are an oil products company that makes a lot of different things...stablizers, gear oil, ATF etc.

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
I can't find any bananas tiny enough to fit into the filler on my bike. Do you have a source I can order from? Will this also work as a chain lube?

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
Thanks to All

Oh yeah, I forgot about the supercharger. :laugh:
Believe it or not, that's what it sounds like. I change the oil every two rides in non-dusty conditions, every ride in dusty conditions. Banana skins, huh? Maybe I should split the case & stuff it full. :joke: I'll try anything once, twice if I like it. What the heck is Lucas oil & what does it do? Is it like Slick 50 or something? I knew it wouldn't be what I wanted to hear, it never is. :bang: Thanks again.
Anybody else?

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
skipro3 said:
I can't find any bananas tiny enough to fit into the filler on my bike. Do you have a source I can order from? Will this also work as a chain lube?
Maybe try a supplier of miniture monkey products. Google might reveal some leads. Or you could just bore you filler hole out. As for chain lube I also heard bacon rind works super. :rotfl: :thumb:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Lucas' website indicates they make a variety of additives. They make a semi-syn 2-stroke oil. I don't know which product (if there WAS a particular product) that was being referred to.

I just tried a Google search for 'miniature monkey products' and got zero hits.

I wouldn't doubt that bacon rind may well work quite satisfactorily. I've looked in local shops for 'Pig-in-a-Can', haven't found anything. Maybe it's only to be had from Harley (hawg?) shops? It might work well on drive belts too?

You don't want to be putting anything like Slick-50 in a wet clutch!

Just ride it. What's it going to do? Break?

maddawg

May 20, 2004
The Lucas oil that I am reffering is an oil stabaliser. What it does is prevent the oil from breaking down as fast and it sticks to the inner parts a little better than oil itself and do not use slick-50 that's not what your looking for. So if you have a whinny bearing it will quiet it up a little.

gwhII

Mar 31, 2003
canyncarvr said:
I wouldn't doubt that bacon rind may well work quite satisfactorily. I've looked in local shops for 'Pig-in-a-Can', haven't found anything. Maybe it's only to be had from Harley (hawg?) shops? It might work well on drive belts too?

Spam is Pig-in-a-Can. There's also that Hormel ham product -the one with its own protective layer of jelly inside too. Those should lube everything quite nicely. I'm not in the mood for lunch anymore... :joke:

Best,
Greg

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
canyncarvr said:
Just ride it. What's it going to do? Break?
Well gee....maybe. It's OK though, that's what I'll probably do. I've had the bike for three years. It has had no major problems and is tuned to near perfection thanks primarily to CC as well as many others on this site. Sure would hate to see a life ending disaster happen to it. :ugg: Well I have to go now, it's dinner time. I'm having bananas (I need the skins).

C-Ya

BTW - Never planned on using Slick 50, just wondering what Lucas oil was.

Mike

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom