Could it have been Hepler?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
the question was posed on another board, thought I'd bring it over here.

Had he been healthy, could Broc Hepler been the champ this year?

I say yes.

cr250can

Feb 16, 2005
I really expected Hepler to win out doors last year but his injuries held him back. I was disappointer. I think this year he could have at least beaten alessi.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Helper reminds me a little of Mike Brown. I like his aggressive riding and the guy has talent. Too bad he will remain on a 250f (god I hate that term) for a couple more seasons before we see him on the big bikes. If he stays healthy, he could be an easy favorite for the Lites class champion next year.
Oh, to answer the question... yes.

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Yes I think he would have taken the title!

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
His lap times at Steel City would have put him in third in the (real) 250 class, though still seven seconds or so slower than RC and JBS (those freaks of nature).

MXobssesed4

Aug 2, 2006
i just started getting into bikes and i was on the "Villipotto Bandwagon" but now that i've been religiously watching it Heplers really inmpressed me, i also agree he could have won the national lites title

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I like Hepler........working class guy. But you can't win a championship while sidelined with an injury. Villy has earned it........no?

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Pred just likes (doesn't like) Hepler (RV) because he's tall (short).

:)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Vic said:
Pred just likes (doesn't like) Hepler (RV) because he's tall (short).

:)
no, it's the red hair, green hat, and buckle shoes.

damned leprechauns anyway

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Anyone else get the hunger for some Lucky Charms? {Thanks Pred!}

I just like him cause he's a local boy.

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
kelsorat said:
Too bad he will remain on a 250f (god I hate that term) for a couple more seasons before we see him on the big bikes

you could always start using the term mx lites, thats much better :coocoo:

john3_16

May 17, 2004
XRpredator said:
the question was posed on another board, thought I'd bring it over here.

Had he been healthy, could Broc Hepler been the champ this year?

I say yes.

I have to say yes...Hepler is smoking everyone...Had he been without injuries he'd be running away with it...Hepler's very impressive.

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
I agree Hepler would definitely have had a good shot at the title had he not been injured at the start of the season, but coulda, woulda, shoulda. It is difficult to compare him with Villopoto right now because RV is definitley riding to lock up the championship and doesnt have to and isnt hanging it out. As long as he finishes ahead of cry baby he is good to go. Next year will be great if they are both healthy from the gate drop at Hangtown.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
should Hepler b on MXDN??

He should be going to the MXDN..

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
If Hepler would have been healthy and made the first three nationals, he would have won the Championship or Mikey boy would be in third place instead of second.

Tiger

~SPONSOR~
Aug 21, 2000
Villopoto would of won. The only reason it wasn't a blow out this year was because of his mechanical DNF's.

Mad props to Broc Hepler, but he peaked at his home track (when the contenders were playing it safe). Maybe next year he'll be healthy. I'd bet Suzuki is regretting dropping YET ANOTHER Lites rider too soon! *Cough* Davi Millsaps *cough* :)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…