Could this be true?

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
I made a atleat 6 years old dream come true. Bought a 2*2 bike (yeah i know they are kinda banned on this place).

However it didnt run to well and i knew it would need a new piston. After looking on the piston, at first i didnt notice it but then i just realised i have never seen a piston like this. As i cant post pictures anymore this will be a hard task for my poor english to try to explain. The piston have two piston skirts as usually. But this have what it looks like pretty much of the sides missing. Lets say a normal piston, if you put it on the floor with the top up, they would have like 5cm flat are touching the floor. This have say 3cm only. It looks like one piston skirt have been broken so on one side pretty much are missing and just a little on the other. On the other skirt its also missing this but mirrored. They are pretty identical but not quite. What i could think is that one skirt have been broken then they are cut away the same about mirrorwise on the other skirt to make the weight the same.

If thats the fact isnt that VERY stupid, strage, cheap, L"%#!"%¤! thing to do. I mean who in the world would try to fix a piston like that? I would be very happy it havent destroyed the whole cylinder(looks like it havent cause it have stock bore) and just bought a new.

BTW i have never seen a 17 year old toy with engine that is that stock. I think everything is stock except the piston and maybe wheel bearings. Stock plastic(not even broken), grips, seatcover(hardly worn), even the tires!

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
hehe i knew nobody would understand that :)

Would be good to be able to post pictures. A picture say more than thousand words. In my case i think it say more than a million english words. Hmm i forgot i only know like 100 english words, whereof maybe 10 are correct spelled :)

However what i wanted to say was that it looks like the piston have broken one piston skirt pretty bad and then they have cut of the same amount on the other skirt for weight balance or something. Who would do that?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…