cr 125 2003

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
"what next."   Posting in the correct forum is the next step!  :thumb:

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Yes this post needs to be moved. That said some of the mods you've done I believe have either not helped or hurt your engine performance. First, not knowing what was done to your cylinder and who did it is a question that needs answering. All my testing so far is with the std. cylinder and head. The DEP pipe that works well on the 02cr125 is the same pipe that DEP is specing for the 03cr125. It's worse than stock as it just adds top end while hurting the bottom mid power. A much better choice is the new FMF factory fatty as it adds a strong mid to top power. It's a little short on the overrev but the power to peak is strong. The V-Force reed that also was a big winner on the 02 cr125 is not so good on the 03. The std 03 reed valve works real well with the new 38mm carby speced for 03. I felt a better bottom to mid pull with the std 03 reed valve over the V-Force reed valve.  So for starters Id go back to the stock reed set up and stock pipe with a shorty silencer and see how it runs. Its real easy to mess up a CR's cylinder with an improper port job. So who did the work on your cylinder and head?

UKcr125rider

Apr 28, 2002
Sounds like you are worse off after all those mods. Iv'e no plans to mod the internals. With the V-force and HGS system, and a 53 tooth rear sprocket, my bikes a ripper. Jetting had some fairly big change to richen up the mixture. I presume you've jetted your bike to compensate for the mods???

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…