CR-250 Clutch- Please Help

titanite

Oct 13, 2005
I was replacing my clutch plates last night. I pulled everything apart, replaced the plates one by one, being very careful to reassemble as it came apart. The basket was fine, so I never removed anything other than the plates. I reassembled, tightened down the pressure plate. Put the cover back on. Now I just have 100% play in my clutch lever. Any ideas?
Thank you
Dan

nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
did the clutch cable dis-connect itself? is your clutch actuator under the magneto cover? I've seen that happen before - or you dropped out the little ball bearing that sits under the push-rod.

titanite

Oct 13, 2005
The cable may have disconnected itself. I didnt pull out the push rod, but I did slide it about 1 inch outward and then pushed it back in on disassembly. I'll check that out tonight also. You would have to pull the rod all the way out to have the ball bearing drop out correct?

nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
yep - if there's one on your setup - I'm not sure on the specific bike. check that cable - I usually (if I remember) check the clutch actuation as soon as I put the pressure plate back on (to make sure its disengaging).

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…