cr250crazy

Feb 8, 2005
:bang:
hey im new here so heres my prob,
i have a cr 250 94,it has great compression and used to start within 3 kicks cold,but now its more like 20 before she starts and it wont idle anymore,im guessiing its my jetting or sumthing because this problem only started since i installed my new pro circuit pipe,when it is started it will run good inless i drop revs down to tick over speed and it will try to cut out,if its the jets do i buy a bigger jet or a smaller jet,and what jet would it be main ,pilot,please help as i wud like to ride her this up coming friday,thanks in advance!!!

guitkrazy

Dec 17, 2004
Every Honda I have owned has always been hard to start- esp when it is cold- I truely think it is the nature of the beast- but my 00 CR250 I was having difficulty starting- but once she started she was great but by the 20 or so kicks- I was almost too tired to ride! But I did make a few small changes- most notably I replaced the BR8ES plug with a BR8EV- and she pops within 1 or 2 kicks- you may want to check your plug before you do anything major- I hope this helps! :cool:

Top Bottom