whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I know bwaaaaaaaaa rap (rich), and bwaa ringgg (lean). I got nothing for rummmmm thoot? Check the plug when it does the sound, kill it and check it, wet or dry. What was that plug you were running, double ground strap? Have you acquired a manual yet? Having an air cooler myself, they usually ran a mix of around 20:1. Black goo, spooge, is very common with worn water cooled bikes, leaky coolant, but the right seal or a bad case seal will let tranny fluid in your combustion chamber also. A poorly modded engine will not run clean either though, incomplete burn will spooge also. Vintage Bob

brentoncole

Feb 17, 2010
the toot was my bike dying so , my thought was my bike might have been running out of gas and dying for a fraction of a second at wot and it was either sucking air thru the line and not filling up the bowl fast enough... i dont notice it in tall gears i guess because the band is broader and im not at max rpm, i had a similar prob on my old bike but it was not as sever and all i did was slide the fuel filter on tighter to fix it

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Running out of gas creates a lean condition. Once or twice no big deal. A lot could mean trouble though! There is usually a filter in the tank, above the petcock. I believe adding another filter came from the boat mechanics. I have never seen 1 come on a new MX bike? Vintage Bob

Top Bottom