CR -leave the front brake cover on?

viking20

Sponsoring Member
Aug 11, 2002
Should I keep the front brake cover on the cr,its a bit easier to adjust the forks without the cover,plus it makes the bike look goofy,IMO.Do you guys use it?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I use it when the bike goes in the shop for sale:)it covers any scar damage tot the lower fork legs lol.

viking20

Sponsoring Member
Aug 11, 2002
So,I guess youre one of the guys who remove all the new plastic, when you get a new bike and put it in the closet for a year,or so? ;)

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
I never rode with mine the whole season, I personally think it looks better that way as well.

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Your right Bruce and now that he's getting a new KX 125 we may have to let him out! :scream: :eek: :)

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I like the looks of them. I hate the water damage UNDER them. I use mine and clean under it everytime I practice, ride, or it gets dusty. I then draw giant number 4's on the plates and pretend I am Ricky Carmichel and his mechainc rolled into one.

Seriously, watching team Honda at the Supercross showed they do this for all the team guys. I threw my guard away after that. I long for the life where I have that time available!

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Dump the guard! Do you really think that chinsy plastic guard is going to keep your rotor from getting bent and mangled anyways? And like everyone was saying, it keeps all the water/sand/etc. in there.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
No they are also a problem-they make lining up the rear disk very tricky-the 02 one is better but still a hassle.Bin it.

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Ok,project "CR lightening"has begun!

Right then.

Lose those side covers & number board (tell the lap scorers you’ll be the only one without & pass em a bottle of wine, -they may even up you a lap or two for that).

Then those fenders have to go. What a waste of time!, -you’re going to wash your riding gear anyway. The seat is only good if you sit down & I reckon with one of those wine bladders bungy’d in place of the tank you’d get a day’s racing before it dissolved.

I hear you can get oil in all sorts of weights -so run the lightest stuff you can buy for the motor & suspension (it’s just there to stop it squeaking) let the air out of the tires & run unleaded gas & you’re ready to rip. :yeehaw:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…