skipn8r

Mar 10, 2004
I'm transitioning from a CRF250 to a used CR250. The CR appears to be a low hour, un-molested, original bike. I've run it a couple of times and am quite amazed at the vibration. It's been my understanding that 2-strokes vibrate more than 4-strokes, but this is quite impressive; at very low RPM, it's like a Lazy Boy recliner set on very intense massage mode. I've ridden a couple of 250 2-strokes in the past, but I don't recall how much they vibrated. Does this sound like a normal level of vibration?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
CR250s do seem to vibrate more than most 250 two strokes, even if the motor mounts are tight. Some riders are sensitive to it, other people hardly notice it unless they just jumped off of a smoother bike.

Pro-Tapers might help some.

If you like the bike, you'll probably get used to it. Try and ride another one to see if it is smoother or the same as yours.

skipn8r

Mar 10, 2004
Thanks for the response. I think I found the problem. When I posted, I was cranking the bike on a stand, with the forks/front tire off. Since I got everything back together and cranked it on the ground, it feels a lot better. Thanks again.

i_955

Dec 18, 2004
skipn8r said:
Thanks for the response. I think I found the problem. When I posted, I was cranking the bike on a stand, with the forks/front tire off. Since I got everything back together and cranked it on the ground, it feels a lot better. Thanks again.

hahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah
what an idea :bang:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom