CR80 Problems, runs just not good as it should be

SHSPVR

Oct 24, 2006
This my 1987 CR80 Project

When I finsh the bike it run like bad out of hell at frist :yikes: and was fouling spark plug left and rigth any way 2 week went by and some how the motor mount bolts come losse so re-did and I think about week or so later I notict the bike had lack of power band which was all back in oct I think it was round that time being winter was getting here and I think at the time the Top need be done any becuases it had a lot play any way.

The problem is bike rev but it ack like it kind of missing in frist gear at full throttle and dosen't sem to have a power band there or some what of power band in 2nd and up but hard hitting power band like a usely 2-strock dose.

What not on the list above links
Got good deal on new fresh bore with L.A. Sleeve with a new Wisco Pro-Lite 51mm piston and rings kits all for $170 being the motor I go had bad buttom end and top end was going last me a few mouths in tell winter got here.
I also add a new CNC Stainless Steel CR80 Exhaust Manifold from Fastech Racing.
New set Stainless Steel Exhaust Pipe Spring.

So just wonder what do thing it mat be CDI, Coil, something else I over look?.
Yes Carb has beed claened it was plug up when I frist got the carb.

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
Is it still fouling plugs a lot? Leaner jets are in order.
First gear is incredibly short so if you have it pinned you could be over revving it and making no horse power. I know on my bike if you're over revving it and let off the throttle a little you can feel the boost when you get back into the powerband.

Jan 3, 2007
It is good to know that you cleaned the carb but did you rejet the bike. I ound the same flat power band with my bike when it had the wrong jetting. It sounds like you should go a step or 2 smaller on the main and rase the clip one position.

SHSPVR

Oct 24, 2006
Sorry yes did order a jet pack 120 thur 130 just in case and drop the stock 125 to 122 and even try the lower 120 but the plug was white in color so I think 120 maybe to lean but I have try play a round with it agaain being the plug has wet look to it and I had Castor 927 last week but it was spiting oil out Exhaust which why I'm try a other 2-Cycle oil.
My other option are
Yamaha R2
Klotz R50
And possable Mobil MX2T if that atozone has it where I'm at I have to check them.

Is it still fouling plugs a lot? Leaner jets are in order.
No at the time I switch over to Lucas Semi-Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil and never got foul another plugs with stock 125 jet after that before the new top end.
Rigth now Im try out Pro-Honda HP2 Racing Oil being it is eazy to get where I live then the Lucas Oil.

Oh thanks for any input it all be use fully.

SHSPVR

Oct 24, 2006
Well after much messing a round it turn out that the fuel bowl was get to much fuel even know going by below web link spec 14mm which has be wrong and I think 20mm wrong as well which I think maybe really 22.5mm as the correct float height for the PE68BA model.
http://www.carbparts.com/keihin/needles_tuning/jetting_your_carb.htm
I take that 24-38 mean the carb size which CR80 has 28mm rigth? boy it sure not like the old days of half filled bowl.

Top Bottom