crank play

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
On my lower connecting rod bearing I have no up/down play and the normal right/left play. BUT if I take the top of the crank I can rock it left and right (1 mm or so) without the bottom sliding. Is there suppose to be any of that going on??

The top bearing was shot and the whole piston could move on 3 axis instead of two, like the bottom is doing but much worse. New bearing fixed it. I'm very scared :(

2001 Cr 125

JTurn36178

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2002
You have had 28 people look at your question, You probably haven't had anyone look that has that expierence. I don't know myself.

Sorry.

SiCnTwIsTdYz

Apr 10, 2002
up and down play is bad, but too much side to side play is bad also it should say the wear limit in your owners manuel

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
..You say you can take the top of the crank and move it left and right,but the bottom won't move.Explain yourself better.

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
when i take the top of the rod it has a slight rock left and right. It's like fastening a rope to the ground and taking the other end and moving it horizontal to the ground, the top moves but the bottom of the rope doesn't. It's rocking back and forth. Sorry that's the best I can explain.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
I wouldn't worry about grabbing the top of the rod and being able to move it side to side,that would be normal.Take a feeler gauge and measure the clearance between the rod and washers.See what the manual calls for.Side to side play is what you wan't,but not too much,if you grab the top of the rod it is going to seem like more play than grabbing the bottom of the rod.If you just grab near the base of the rod you will see that it does move side to side.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…