FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Racesmith said:
Its not a crash unless the ambulance carries you out. Everything else is a fall-off.
I have to disagree, I have seen my boy carried off of the track, then driven back to the truck on the mule. While I reset the bars and changed ou tthe broken stuff (a new bar was put on later), he just sat in a chair with a dazed look. The EMT on site didn't feel that he needed a ride in the red wagon that day, and within a couple of hours, he was fine (even raced the second moto). I assure you, it WAS a crash.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
When I broke my neck and blew out two discs I walked off the track and didn't go to the hospital until the next day (that was the mnost painful night of my life, though).

Matt 193

Dec 22, 2006
When you think you could be hurt bad got to the doctor if you can. My Dad has learned that lesson the hard way and now is in pain do to a neck injury (Pinched nerve Praying for no surgrey) . Hopefully I can learn from his mistakes.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
bruteforce1105 said:
Land On Your Feet! :)

Not always a good idea. When you're doing about 30-35 mph and have just bailed off of the back of the bike after over-rotating a 4th gear wheelie, landing on your feet still sucks. It drove my knees into my chest, then my feet got sucked under me and I rubbed the shoelaces off of my only pair of shoes (I had to buy some more as I was supposed to go to a restaurant with my parents that night), then my unprotected knee hit the ground and I rubbed much of that off, I rolled once and dragged my forearm on the way over, and I eventually ended up on my butt where I continued to slide for a while in comfort. I probably would have been better off if I had just landed on my but in the first place.

oilspot

Sep 11, 2006
Since I'm still new riding I've been doing a lot of crashing :nod: . It usually happens so damn quick that I don't have any time to "do" anything.
I usually just get one word shouted (strangely it's always the same word :laugh: )

Top Bottom