CRF 450 14T Front sprocket

krosser

Apr 7, 2003
I noticed some of the works guys use a 14T and hi 50s rear. I know the reasons they use them are to do with torque affecting suspension and stuff i would never notice. The reason i tried it was to reduce the noise the chain slapping makes and it helps. My query is how big a sprocket can you run with the stock guide? Is there an alternative to the stock guide. I have a 50 i'm trying but need a 52 to match original gearing and many people run one tooth bigger than that anyway. I'm sure i saw 54 or more on the SX bikes. Thx

Just tried a search and some of the questions are answered but i still would like to know if those who tried it or run it use the stock guide. Just seems it would be tight.

Last edited:

bro

Mar 21, 2002
I recently picked up a used 05 CRF250 and it came with a 53 tooth sprocket on the back. I noticed the chain had been rubbing on the guard and was starting to wear through the aluminum. I think I saw an aftermarket guard somewhere that was bigger and allowed for larger sprockets. 52 is probably the limit for the stock guard.

Keep in mind my bike is a 250, I'm not sure if the 450's are the same or not?

krosser

Apr 7, 2003
That's the type of feedback i was after, someone that had experience with trying . I thought it looked tight but figured if people were running 52 or more then they may have the solution. Thnx

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…