CRF250R Oil

Jun 15, 2004
Hey guys, I'm new here. And I just thought about something that I never really thought about before. What do you guys think is the best oil you can get for a CRF250. I have ben getting GN4 for engine oil and HP4M for transmission oil. I thought those were pretty much the best you could get for my bike but I'm really not sure anymore. What do you guys think and what do you use? Thanks.

elf

Jun 7, 2003
The kind of oil is not as important as changing it often. Also keep an eye on your oil level. It comes as a suprise to some people but thumpers burn oil. kind of like a old car. I have heard of more than 1 person blowing there engine because it ran out of oil. crfs are more at risk because they have less oil than other bikes.

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
I used GN4 for 16 hours on the motor side and the Honda trans oil in the red bottle. I've just switched to Amsoil for the motor but am keeping with the honda gear lube. I change my oil every 5 hours so it probably doesn't make as much difference what oil I use since it's not in long at all. The GN4 isn't a bad oil...but there are better oils out there.

Jun 15, 2004
Oh, for some reason I just love everything made by Honda but I heard Belray is really good. Thanks for the input guys. And I can tell about the burning oil aspect, my oil went down alot since I last put it in which was a couple weeks ago. I'm going to get oil right now, I'm going to stick with Honda for this time unless they have anything else at my local dealer, I never really looked.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…