crossing to deep

waianae_yz

Jul 21, 2002
OK guys haven't seen this one posted,
I was crossing a stream in the area and went alittle too deep.
Bike road out just fine, after it sat in the running water for a minute stalled. but when I got home drained the trans oil and out comes the gray milk. So my question is How do I keep my 02 YZ 250 in tip top shape now? besides staying out of the deep end. and how do you make a water tight airbox out of the not much of an airbox that this bike came with (number plates make up the lower sides of the airbox) Is there more too it then just changing the oil? thanx for any help :worship:

H/Sracer500

Feb 20, 2002
Something similar happened to me last summer... I just drained the oil, started the engine for a few minutes, drained the oil again and kept doing it untill there was no more water in the oil. Did it about 4 or 5 times. Needless to say I used cheap oil in the process ;)

It is kind of hard to make the airbox water tight...If you want to play in deep water, buy a Sea-Doo!

If you really went deep, I would also take the carb off for a good cleaning, if there is any sand in it, it probably found its way to the cylinder and the crank bearings...Not good!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…