cryogenic processing

MikeOK

Aug 6, 2000
There is a little local shop here that is doing this to machine parts. Have any of you heard of this or know anything about it? Instead of me trying to explain it I will include their link. My 426 is due for a re-build and I was wondering if it would be worth looking into.

www.midamericacryo.com

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
mike, the owner is a buddy of mine. his company is sponsoring my basketball team and i'm talking with him about a little mx sponsorship too. he is treating my new brake rotors for my truck right now. if you want, i can talk to him for you and maybe get you a deal. he is doing alot of business in industrial tooling and some of the roundy-round car guys are coming around.

MikeOK

Aug 6, 2000
Jay you know me, a deal is always good. I picked up a flyer about this while I was listening to Eldon yack (man! 1 hour, 10 minutes). I figured it was worth the time for the cash he saved me hehe. Anyway, i was thinking maybe having this done to at least my cylinder, and maybe even the piston and cylinder head too. Looked like it could get a little pricey though... I'd be willing to help them out if I can, I like to see these local shops do well.

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
This was discussed in detail in the Advanced Technology forum. The general consensus was that there is no evidence to show any benefit (other than marketing) for our machines. It was a highly technical disscussion, with a lot of metalurgical info. I couldn't find the thread for some reason, though.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by spanky250
I couldn't find the thread for some reason, though.

It was moved to the Archive Forum earlier this morning.

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Where did the Archive forum go? It's not there any more???:scream:

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
The archive forum is below the flame board & for sale forums.
It's there now.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…