Custom made GPS enclosure for handlebars

CousinLarry

Dec 19, 2006
I was thinking about some type of enclosure for my cell phone (HTC Mogul - windows mobile) to be able to mount it on the handlebars, have it waterproof, shock/vibration proof, etc..

My cell phone runs Google maps, TomTom, TrackyPro, and a couple other off-road tracking applications.. I just thought it'd be nice to have GPS, speed/alt readings, and the clock all on my "dashboard"...

My buddy works for a defense company, and does composites work on various aircraft. He also has the same cell phone as me, and he''s always looking for interesting projects while working - so, I gave him this one..

And the finished product:

enclosure1.jpg

enclosure2.jpg

enclosure3.jpg

Mounted, TomTom running
enclosuremounted.jpg

A GREAT program - TrackyPRO
tracky.jpg

ROCK ON!!

Exactly what I wanted. It''s not perfect CF work, but I don''t care. It was free, and I'll take function over form any day!

Only thing he was missing was wingnuts for the quarter turn fasteners, will have to deal with the philips heads for now - no biggy.

The best thing is I now have GPS on my bike, without worrying about damaging it if I fall..

WooooT!

Anyone know if the charging system on an 07 KLX could handle charging the phone at the same time?!

Top Bottom