Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
We have been toying with the idea of offering large custom posters to try to increase sales.

We had a fundraiser last night for the young racer who ended up in a coma earlier this summer (he's making a full recovery) and I figured this would be as good a time as any to try and come up with something to print up at 24x36 and see what it looked like. I've included the final product and was extremely pleased with how it came out. They posted it at the entrance to the hall and it was a hit.

I wish I could take some of the credit but this was all the work of my son (LazyBoy) all I did was supply the photo's.

chapmanposter.jpg

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
That's sweet! We have a few pics that parents want made into 16x20s. Phil was doing a little research on posters the other day.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
very nice looking , many people will be scooping those up im sure. maybe try a different shape for the 4 pics at the bottom besides square. im thinking maybe some sort of flame or explosion shapes :blah:

ps ive seen some of your PS skills, what is that green thing behind the kids left elbow :p

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
We will definitely make use of some other shapes down the road but for this one simplicity was the key since we had a very short time frame to knock it out.

As for the quad, I really didn't care for that shot as the main shot due to the background but limited time leads to limited results.

Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
Looks great Doug. Should boost sales a bit. I bought some 24X36frames at Wal-Mart to frame a couple posters of mine. Maybe they have them in your area, and you could offer them framed as well.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Doug did you remove the link I don't get any thing but your text?

You know I still want to buy something from Milleville of Spider in Poster size
We found the frames at a craft shop by us if you want I'll take a picture of ours and get some prices for you also

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Dave I've been planning to try an online poster printing special for some time now. The plan had been to get Troy to make one up of Spider and then just get it shipped to you. Like everything else there never seems to be time to get it done, I'll try to make it a priority around here in the next week. As for the link it's still active here but I'll double check my site to make sure it's good.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Nice work Chili and LazyBoy!

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
motoxistence said:
How are you going to have them printed? I'm interested in doing the same but don't know much about printing stuff that big.

We deal with a pro lab that is capable of handling large files to be printed at those sizes.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
I think he's talking about Rob at ImagePlus. I've seen some of Rob's work, he does a very nice job.

btw, nice to see ya back here r0yal. :cool:

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
r0yal said:
Are you getting them done at Dons Photo? Dan Harper said they did REALLY good prints OVER 30x20.

And you only need a mortgage to pay for them from Don's. I'm actually using a Lab in the USA and having them shipped up.

elliot67 said:
I think he's talking about Rob at ImagePlus. I've seen some of Rob's work, he does a very nice job.

Rob is a nice guy and turns out very good work for graphics, numberplates and banners etc these posters aren't something I would consider having him print. We are looking at working together on selling some lifesize images along the lines of the fatheads though.

http://www.fathead.com/fatheadsweb/whatisafathead.html

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
My son (LazyBoy) created these in Photoshop CS2, apparently Adobe Illustrator is good for this kind of stuff as well but he hasn't learned how to use it yet.

Top Bottom