Cylender Questions

Fakalazabio

Jan 21, 2003
Ive had my 89 Cr 250 apart and its time to put it back together, The jug is messed up, it has a broken head stud, but the previous owner fixed it with a braket and it worked. A standard size wiseco piston that was new in it wobbles around in it, you could fit a buisness card between it and the cylender wall. And the Plating is chipping near the Intake port. Now I wonder what to do with it. When its time to put it back together would it be better to A buy a new jug, B Eric gorr it and have it come back better than new C hone it and put a niks pro-x worn cylender piston in and forget about the platin cause it never gets hit with the rings. Or finally D just throw a piston inm and sell it. Im unsure wheter I want to keep the bike or sell it after I fix it. So whats the best route keeping in mind I have no money to pay for extras and im gonna have to save to fix it anyway.

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
I would give Eric Gorr a call. If your old cyl is junk (meaning he can't fix it) he'll most likely give you trade on it for a new(er) one. I wouldn't just sell it like it is, but that's just me. I'd rather take care of the problems then pass it on to someone else.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…