Speedfreek

Nov 3, 2003
Hello,
I need a 4.5 mm cylinder spacer for a 1990 yz 250.I heard there was a long rod kit from yamaha for these but the dealers around here have no idea about it.Does anybody here know the yamaha part number or where I can get one of these spacers ? :ugg:

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
the long rod kit is no longer a valid part number, and the spacer is getting phased out.
If I can remember I will post the part # when I go to work tommorow. Or you can go to your local Yamaha dealer and ask them to get on the Yamaha Dealers website,go to parts,go to clearance items, go to offroad accessories and look for the '97 spacer.If the 97 and the 90 use the same base gasket you're set.After these go they will not be available from Yamaha but I believe Cometic gaskets will cut you one relatively cheap compared to making one.

Once a a particular model is updated or redisigned the GYT,ABA or YZR part numbers get swept under the carpet, if they can no longer apply to the current model and they are very difficult to locate unless you happen to have the Yamaha Accessory Catalog for that particular model.

Also if you are going to use the 89 & earlier rod in a 90 & later engine you will need to make a longer powervalve actuating rod and its cover.

Speedfreek

Nov 3, 2003
Thanks JMICS ,the part number you gave me is for a 96 yz 250 which uses the same base gasket.This is exactly what I need :worship: The 97 yz uses a different base gasket.I love this site :thumb:

Speedfreek

Nov 3, 2003
:yeehaw: hey JMICS ,don't be sorry,you got it right on the money,thanks again.You have no idea the amount of hassle I went through tring to find that number.This was my last attempt before I was going to have one made. :yeehaw:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom