Dakar Rally canceled over terrorism concerns

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Where's the rat patrol when you need them?

:|

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Yea, I've been following this all day. Incredible development, really. Many, many millions (or billions,) of $ have been spent, or committed, by large corporations and privateers alike. Years of people's lives have been built around these next two weeks. And they do not even get to run the two days in Portugal.

I cannot begin to be able to explain world politics in any way to make sense of this; but I am indeed thankful that none of the participants of this years rally will be harmed, it seems.

I'll post more when I can speak about it in a sensible way.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
:| :| :|

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
It's a sad day for motorsports. The Dakar is a big deal...bigger overseas than it is here.
They've had trouble with Mauretania in the past, and airlifted the entire rally out of there and bypassed a stage, man this totally sucks.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Mauritania, never heard of that one. Bar mounted machine guns was not an option? Extra points for eliminating alqaida? I really hate this happened, and more, they caved in to the mighty alqaida, not good!

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
My vote,... (fwiw); U.N. forces should head up the race and clear the way.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I read that yesterday, Pred. Those azzholes have won, the entire world is "bowing" to the terrorism. I say it's time for an open season on terrorists.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I really do not get it$$$$$$$ Some bozo journalist can find the ever elusive head azzhole sheethead, osama bin laiden. The US says they do not kill people, they can not send in a hit squad. Well it seems they can generate more funding by dragging out some long affair , not unlike iraq and afganistan, $$$$$$. They make up new names for the amounts of money spent on doing this the political way $$$$$$. Bar mounted weapons! Drop the flag and the heck with them sheetheads!!!

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Unbelievable. I agree especially with this quote:
"They scored a media victory without firing a shot," said Louis Caprioli, a former assistant director at France's counterintelligence agency DST. "Everybody gets the impression that they are very powerful, when they in fact represent a small number of people in this region."

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Nuke Mecca. Then let the racing begin.

Did I just say that? :whoa:

rostifer

Mar 23, 2006
I like the idea of bar mounted weapons. In fact why don't we get military KLR 650s and race with those. If you've ever seen the movie with Chuck Norris in it when he kills like 10+ people on his KLR you know what I mean.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I say run it, adds a little challenge to to the race! Bastages....

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom