Damn the Chili and the Bling.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
What lens are you talking about Tony?

The lens that's out of stock is the previous version, non "DG" version.
Check this:
http://www.sigma4less.com/sess/utn1...X+DG+APO+HSM+for+Canon+AF+=28SG70200F28DCA=29

If it's the Sigma 70-200 vs Canon 70-200L the Sigma consisitantly rates right with it, many say the image quality is actually better with the Sigma. Thanks again to Chili and Lou for talking this lens up! It's not white but it's awesome.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=102&sort=7&cat=37&page=1

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Chili, I just checked out your Millville shots on the camera forum link Okie had posted - WOW. Amazing.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Conversation a week or so ago:
Okie: Thump, this camera is awesome, I got everything!
Thump: Cool

Okie: Yanno, Chili got this lens that is bad ass.
Thump: When does it arrive?

Okie: Shoot man, I aint buying it, my wife would kill me!

Okie: Serious man, I aint buying it, but it is so freekin cool.
Thump chuckles out loud and assumes that it will be delivered with in a week.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Thump said:
Conversation a week or so ago:
Okie: Thump, this camera is awesome, I got everything!
Thump: Cool

Okie: Yanno, Chili got this lens that is bad ass.

Okie: Shoot man, I aint buying it, my wife would kill me!

Okie: Serious man, I aint buying it, but it is so freekin cool.
Thump chuckles out loud and assumes that it will be delivered with in a week.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Nat, thanks for the compliment.

Tony, Fredmiranda.com is full of information regarding pretty much anything camera/lens related. I like that site as it's the DRN of the camera world, straight forward usually good info and no crap to wade through as they moderate the forum to very high standard usually. The only Sigma I did research on was the 70-200 f2.8 and the Sigma consistently scored near equal to the Canon L at a much lower price. I'm starting the research now on the 24-70's.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Chili... Only negitive I've found with the 24-70 is the filter size.. 82mm, seems the Tamron 28-70 gets nearly perfect reviews (as you probably know by now), but I opted for the wider Sigma.

Don't shoot me for uploading another pic, but.. we just updated our insurance, they wanted a record of some of the stuff we wanted to list ... Since Scooter is in love with her Armani figurines:

I assume seeing some images will be helpful in your quest.

(100, 3.5, no flash)
armani1.jpg

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Sweet!, the tripod ring came off mine asap as I never use it for anything tripod or monopod mounted. I found it much more comfortable to hold and operate the zoom ring without it on.

B

biglou

I rest the mount in my left palm and rotate the zoom ring. Plus, it sits on the mount on my desk like that without the grip/pack.

I have camera envy, Bob. ;)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Man Okie, you are in serious deep poo my big friend! I tried to take mine to show here with my wife and daughter and they made me check it in, wasn't allowed to bring it inside. They said I could sell the photos of the circus and make money off them. They said my lens was too long, hehehehehe.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I tried man, no worky. She sees past that! Nice bogy though. ;)

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
:yikes: I'm all over it!!! Thanks Lou!

Top Bottom