Decided on a "Rider" hop-up upgrade :)

Feanor

Aug 10, 2004
Well,

Being the bling and parts junky that I am, I was sitting there in the Kitchen area at work looking thru a Chaparral catalog while I was waiting for the microwave to finish with my leftovers.

I was looking over upper and lower billet triple clamps, and a buddy comes in and sees me checking out new parts. I have this rep at the office now for being a new parts junkie...

He kind of chuckles at me and makes a comment like "That won't make you go any faster, just ride more and work on your technique, that'll make you faster than spending a grand on parts"

Of course I acknowledged he was right and blamed it all on my obsessive need to have the "good stuff" To which he replied, "Then get a set of killer knee braces! Then at least you'll protect your ability to ride the thing!"

We both laughed, but after he had gone, I realized there was alot of wisdom in that statement. Last time out, I still had the vivid memory of my outstretched foot striking a rock which sent a shockwave thru my leg and locked up my knee momentarily... If the rock hadn't been loose and kicked aside I'm thinking maybe I could have hyperextended my knee completely! and what good is a trick ride when you're laid up in the hospital with a destroyed knee!

So I went down to my local dirtbike parts place and picked up a pair of Asterisk Cells... I've just been messing with them and adjusting them to fit. Lots of ability to customize the fit with these things, and I like the way they are constructed, they feel very solid and yet are light weight-wise...

And to satisfy my "bling" urges :) They have a very appealing visual design as well! Too bad you have to wear them under your riding pants LoL!

I hope I never have to seriously test these things, but I have to admit, like the money I spent on my helmet, I actually feel pretty good about shelling out money for these braces... Too bad they don't come in flo-green :)

Have a good one!

Feanor

CRguyStan

Dec 10, 2001
Great choice, they fit great and you know they look cool under your pants and boots. I only wish I had gotten mine BEFORE a knee blowout! I certainly had a sweet CR250 at the time sitting in the garage while I was in my stylish hip to ankle cast.
I urge all, get them before you need them!
Stan

kx250kev

Jan 17, 2005
Very good advice, I have a bunch of bikes that I enjoy riding and would hate to have an injury spoil my fun. I'll check into it too.
Thanks,

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…