426THUMPER

Feb 18, 2002
was riding my 2001 yz426f tonight, only been on a dirt bike 5 times(this one was of the 3 time) so like a moron and not getting more use to the bike, you know i figure i rode street bikes forever, i can do this) did trail riding the first 3 days and today decided to hit some burms. big mistake, dumped the bike a couple times and the last time broke the brake lever off and put a really big dent in the bend of the primary exhaust. it is dented in about half way through and where it makes the bend around the radiator is has a slight kink. will this much restriction cause damage to my motor? where is the cheapest place to relace this if needed? can i just get it pulled out from a body shop?
one thing i learned today is the 426 has alot of power and i need to chill out till i get use to it.

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
That's gonna be a problem. Correct me if I'm wrong Rich, but (I believe) that a four-stroke pipe is supossed to get the exhaust out as smoothly as possibly. So that dent probably messes up the exhaust flow in a pretty serious way. As for the best fix, I can't help you there:)

426THUMPER

Feb 18, 2002
thanks durt cycler, i'm going to e-mail them right and now and i'll let you guys know how it goes. a local shop here says he can do it but has to see it first, i'll tell you what he says monday. they need to make it harder to hit, well maybe i need to learn to ride better and stay up right

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom