Detailing

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I have a 4 week break before the next race, so I am going to do some needed work, but the one thing I really want to do is get all the stains/skid marks from the sage brush off the engine.

Does anybody have a product to suggest

Thanks

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Are you talking about scratches to the aluminum sections?

Most aluminum polishes work well on this. If highly polished they are hard to maintain.

I polish mine and then rough them up with scotch brite.

If you really want to go crazy, coat them with the high temp clear epoxy paint from Auto Zone. They look like new when your done.

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
No, not scratches, stains left by the bushes, ( sage bush maybe) some kind of residue/oil/bloodstain,what ever you want to call it, but it stains the crap out of the metal

A-RustyDemon

~SPONSOR~
Dec 9, 2002
Try making a past or a thick solution of good old Tide.. And work it in to the stain. The stuff works wonders.. Plus I hear it can get grass and grease out of clothes as well. :thumb:

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Thanks Demon,............... Tide works on clothes ?????

TRAIL

Nov 12, 2002
I wet the biek with a hose. spray on Simple Green (get it at wal mart) let it sit for like 3-5 minutes.....srub if the stains are really bad then hose off...............shines up to factory clean look for me everytime.

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
and I just found out today that if you run out of the good old mop and glo for the plastics there is another product that works wonders.....pledge, I swear it makes your plastic super shiny and it doesn't attract dust! as far as the engine goes, I live in SO. CAL and ride where there are those little purple flowery thingies that stain your tires and everything else that is splats on, well I just mix up a solution of 1/2 detergent (laundry) and 1/2 water and let it sit for 10 minutes or so then come back (before the solution has a chance to dry) and work it in with a toothbrush then rinse it off. works great!

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
YZ rost, I bet that pledge stuff would be great in a house...oh, nevermind. I would not waste it on the house.

Our local Lowes store sells an industrial "No wax" finish that I prefer to mop and glow. It goes for 10.00 per gallon. I like the semi-gloss as it looks identical to the expensive plastic renew.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
I'm with ya RC,
Got to write this down
  1. Pledge..."doesn't attract dust!"
  2. Tide... "gets grass and grease out of clothes"
    [/list=1]
    Keep 'em coming guys. :moon:

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Ok, my search is over, I tried the Tide, worked ok, even tried oxy clean, worked pretty good also, but the best thing I found to use is Castrol Super Clean Engine Degreaser; Grease and dirt disolves on contact and so does the oily residue stains left by bushes and stuff, even the toughest stains came off with just a cloth, plus it is bio-degradable

give it a try

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
JP.

Try a product called Plexus on your plastic. Most bike shops have it. The stuff is amazing.

For grease, chain lube residue and general clean up, try Dawn the dish soap.

Just my $ .02

Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
purple power, full strength, put it in a spray bottle and spray the bike like it windex, the dirt runs off with the solution, and just srcrub a little on the hard areas. Found dirt on my bike that I did not knew existed. It does not shine the plastics how ever, for that use armor all. I get PP at advance for like 3 bucks a gallon.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
On the motor, I use automotive aluminum wheel cleaner and let it sit about 2 minutes, then rinse. Not only does it remove the dirt and premix residue, but it also makes the barrel and cases shinier.
Darrin

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…