Shift-MX

Feb 10, 2002
DG pipes are more less OEM replacement pipes, but cheaper then OEM. I dont think they add any hp through out the powerban (someone correct me if im wrong). If i were you id go for PC or FMF. I got a 98 rm 125 with a PC pipe and silencer and it adds ALOT of top end and mid but takes away from the bottom end.

1999RM125

Mod Ban
Apr 1, 2002
lol my stock pipe is in pretty bad shape, a lot of carbon buildup (like 1-2mm around the diameter) and there are like 4 pretty big dents... and its ugly, and i want a new one lol

jsnake

Jan 15, 2002
I have a DG pipe on an 1993 YZ 125. My brother rides this bike now. It has taken some pretty good hits and still looks good. I actually noticed a small increase in the low end from stock. it really helped riding in the woods of New England.

DirtRyder02

Mod Ban
Jul 18, 2002
Originally posted by Shift-MX
DG pipes are more less OEM replacement pipes, but cheaper then OEM. I dont think they add any hp through out the powerban (someone correct me if im wrong).
you have ovlisly never tried a dg pipe!! i have a dg pipe on my rm125 and it really made the bike scream!! maybe mines special :) !!

Shift-MX

Feb 10, 2002
well if they add so much power why dont the factory teams use em? im not saying they dont (which i did in that post but i stand corrected) add much power, i just dont think a DG would outperform a PC or FMF pipe.

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
well if they add so much power why dont the factory teams use em?

Factory teams use custom pipes. If you look at them you'll see they're nothing like a pipe you can buy from your local dealer

DirtRyder02

Mod Ban
Jul 18, 2002
well if they add so much power why dont the factory teams use em? im not saying they dont (which i did in that post but i stand corrected) add much power, i just dont think a DG would outperform a PC or FMF pipe.
back in the day!! they did use them for racing!! i have a older pipe they made since my bike is a older model!!, i dont even think they make dg pipes anymore?

Twistagrip

Jun 4, 2002
Yeah they work very well! I have a brand new one that I put on my YZ465 this year. They could have cleaned up the welds a little better in my opinion before they clear-coated it. It fit very well though. In my opinion it tended to smooth out the hit and make for a broader more usable powerband. A good pipe for the money.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
One word of advice make sure the Pipe and Silencer are IN STOCK! I Excitedly ordered a DG pipe and Silencer for my 86 RM125 this spring when I was just at my wits end thinking I would never find a pipe for this old bike well my 3 week delivery time came and went with story after story being offered by parts canada (canadian supplier of DG) Anyway to make a long story short I called DG myself and was informed they only manufacture pipes when they have enough orders to justify a production run (Usually about 15) To date the only order they still have was for mine. I was lucky and a local shop fixed my current pipe and came up with a custom fix for a silencer for me and I cancelled the order for the DG. Just a heads up I don't know that this will be an issue for a newer bike like yours.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom